Important Dates in the 2017-2018 Academic Year
- September 2: Scholarship Application Opens for 2018-2019
- October 1: FAFSA Opens for 2018-2019
- January 16: General Scholarship Application Deadline for 2018-2019 (4:30 p.m.)
- April 2: Awards Letters Sent Via Email (Approximate date)
- May 1: National Scholarship Acceptance Deadline
- June 1: Non-Traditional Student-Specific Scholarships Deadline
All undergraduate students must file and complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) in order to receive any university scholarships and/or discounts.
Murray State University offers two categories of scholarships
- Academic achievement scholarships
- only for incoming freshmen
- awarded at time of admission
- awarded first-come, first-serve basis
- Competitive scholarships
- requires students to complete the Murray State Scholarship Application
- awarded after January application deadline
- students must apply every year via myGate, on the Financial Aid tab.
- It is recommended to have at least a 24 ACT, a 3.0 GPA and leadership responsibilities
to be competitive.
- College level work should be with a 3.0 GPA or better.
- Competitive scholarships are not awarded until after the application deadline.
- Take your time to submit a thorough, complete application.
- Not following directions or not completing all requirements of the application process
may result in elimination from the selection process.