Murray State University Catering is dedicated to high quality and professional service. Our department is equipped to cater events — large or small, on or off campus. Whether you're planning an elegant dinner for 300 or fresh muffins and juice for a breakfast of five, nearly every detail can be arranged to meet your specific needs.
Common events we cater include:
- Receptions (weddings, retirement parties, etc.)
- Fraternity and sorority smokers and formals
- Campus meetings
Office Hours: 8 a.m. - 4:30 p.m. M-F
Office Location: 101 Curris Center (Curris Center first floor)
Policies and Procedures
Ordering and Deadlines
A two-week notice is appreciated to ensure appropriate levels of staffing and availability for your chosen menu items. Please contact the Catering Office at 270-809-2746 to place an order or schedule an appointment to arrange menus and service details. Our sales staff will be on hand to assist you Monday through Friday, from 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
To book a room in the Curris Center, please contact Debbie Futrell at 270-809-6985.
To arrange for tables or chairs to be set up anywhere else on campus, please contact Facilities Management at 270-809-4291.
- Final guest counts (also known as the guarenteed number) are due 72 hours prior to your event. Guest counts for Monday events are due by 2 p.m. the Thursday before your event.
- The customer is responsible for and charges are based upon the guaranteed number.
- If the actual guest count is greater than the guaranteed number, you will be notified and billed for the greater number.
- Once a contract is written, prices are guaranteed 90 days prior to any event. Otherwise, prices are subject to change without notice.
All menus for buffet or reception services have denoted minimums, so please see menus for more details. All orders for delivery must meet a minimum of $100 before the delivery charge is applied.
Delivery charges are as follows: $35 for on campus, $50 for inside Murray city limits, $100 for outside Murray city limits. Please note that we do not deliver outside Calloway County. Delivery charges will be waived for orders of $250 or more. Events scheduled after normal business hours may be required to meet a minimum amount.